Karen Fields Kehila Retreat
About the Retreat
Beginning in 1979, Karen Fields was the leader of Kehila's retreat. Since her untimely death in 2007, it has taken a committee to replace her. The Karen Fields Memorial Retreat continues to be the annual opportunity to bring the community together in fellowship, study, and fun during Shabbat.
The Retreat venue has changed several times over the years. Nonetheless, certain traditions have emerged:
- Shabbat services Friday night, Saturday morning, and Havdalah
- Saturday late-night folk/pop music sing-alongs with Reb David
- Jewga (Yoga with a Jewish flavor)
- Adult education
- Food, food, and lots of schmoozing
- Children's activities
- Saturday afternoon soft ball games and hikes
- The talent show that has produced numerous original songs and memorable skits.
Join us for Kehila Retreat!
When: June 7-9, 2019
Where: Sanctuary Retreat Center, Beallstown, Md.
Stay tuned for more information!