Wednesday September 19
This year, we will again create a Remembrance Scroll that will be hung near the entrance to the auditorium at Walter Johnson High School during Yom Kippur.
There are two ways to have members of your immediate family remembered on this scroll. If you are ordering tickets online, you can provide the names of your family members when you place your online order. Or, you can submit the names on the enclosed form and mail it to us (please print clearly). We ask that you include only the names of immediate family members.
The tradition of memory is also strongly connected to tzedakah. Please consider making a Yizkor contribution to honor the memory of your family member(s).
Your Yizkor contribution will be distributed through our Tzedakah Fund. In recent years, the Tzedakah Fund has supported many organizations and causes, including
- HIAS and Lutheran Social Services for refugee resettlement,
- Interfaith Clothing Center,
- Manna Food Center,
- Capital Area Food Bank,
- Mazon, DC Central Kitchen,
- International Rescue Committee,
- Ziv Tzedakah Fund,
- Rabbis for Human Rights,
- Shepherd’s Table,
- Jewish Foundation for the Righteous (supporting impoverished rescuers in Europe), American Jewish World Service,
- Heartbeat Jerusalem and several grassroots projects in Africa working with women and children affected by AIDS.
Your contributions will continue to support a wide range of organizations in our community, throughout the United States, in Israel and around the world that meet a variety of human needs. Contributions may be made on-line at www.e-kehila.org/highholidays or by check using the enclosed form.