We have two amazing speakers who will be with us Friday evening and Saturday for rich discussion and reflection. For the children, the former president of Audubon will run an immersive program Saturday morning focusing on the agricultural reserve and in the afternoon, they will make green-roof bird houses.
Karen Fields Kehila Retreat
About the Retreat
Beginning in 1979, Karen Fields was the leader of Kehila's retreat. Since her untimely death in 2007, it has taken a committee to replace her. The Karen Fields Memorial Retreat continues to be the annual opportunity to bring the community together in fellowship, study, and fun during Shabbat.
The Retreat venue has changed several times over the years. Nonetheless, certain traditions have emerged:
- Shabbat services Friday night, Saturday morning, and Havdalah
- Saturday late-night folk/pop music sing-alongs with Reb David
- Jewga (Yoga with a Jewish flavor)
- Adult education
- Food, food, and lots of schmoozing
- Children's activities
- Saturday afternoon soft ball games and hikes
- The talent show that has produced numerous original songs and memorable skits.
Save the date!
Kehila's 2017 retreat is already on our calendar - so make sure it's on yours!
When: June 9-11, 2017
Where: Sanctuary Retreat Center, Beallstown, Md.
Check back for details in the spring.